While no one expects to damage a Kauai vacation rental property while on vacation, accidents do happen. By participating in our Damage Protection Program during your stay, you eliminate the need for a security deposit and know you are protected. Security deposits can often run up to $5,000 per property, you are not refunded until your vacation is over and any damage is taken from your deposit. But now, by participating in our Vacation Rental Damage Protection Program for a small amount, you are covered for any unexpected and unintentional damage during your stay.
Coverage Levels Based on Specific Property Chosen: $1,500 | $3,000 | $5,000
What is Covered?
- Accidental or unintentional damage by the guest including things like broken lamps, windows and glass, electronics, damaged doors, walls and furniture, stained bedding or linens, lost keys and re-keying costs.
- Damage and/or theft by any person other than anyone staying at the property if the theft is substantiated by a police report (please note, this does not cover your personal property…please check your homeowners’ policy).
What is Not Covered?
- Negligent or malicious damage.
- Damage or losses caused by violation of the rental agreement.
- Additional expenses due to smoking in the property or on the lanai, unapproved pets, collection of rents, services and/or accrued charges during the stay.
- Additional expenses due property owner or property manager due to enforcement of homeowner association rules, policies or the reimbursement for damage to resort facilities or property.
What if Something Happens?
- Simply report accidental damage that occurred during your stay to us before you leave.
- Do not be afraid to report the damage, this is why you participated in the program.
What else do I need to know?
- If you cancel your reservation prior to checking in, the cost of the Vacation Rental Damage Protection program will be refunded to you.